Since my last blog entry on the 3rd of July, both Sean & I have been quite busy.
First of all, prior to the 3rd of July, we spent the Canada Day Long Weekend camping with our good friends Sandra & Steve and their little one Brandon.
That Friday, (the 5th) we were going to go on another camping trip, when Sean got a call from work with instructions he was going on another airplane (the Beech 1900D) - and he was to report to sim training in Toronto, Ontario. Since Tuesday the 10th Sean has been in Toronto.
While Sean has been out of province, I have been keeping myself quite busy - both at work and socially. The Tuesday that Sean left was also when a bunch of old elementary/jr high/sr high friends met up for a plethora of "remember whens". We had a great time catching up on a lot of good stories. It is amazing, I forgot how much these people from my childhood mean to me. It really is like we are family - we can take up where we left off and chatter about everything.
Today, Marnie & I did a hike up moose mountain. It was my 2nd hike up to the summit of a mountain, and this one was far more enjoyable than when we did Mt. Yamnuska. The view up top was spectacular - like I always say to my hiking/biking partners, if there is a god out there, this is my way of getting in touch with this higher being... my idea of "church".
As usual, during our 4-hour hike, Marnie and I solved all of the world problems. If only we ruled the world . . .
After our hike, Marns, Lester & I went to Hooters (of all places) for a well deserved beer and burgers. I think I was the only person in the restaurant who wasn't turned on by the titties!
Anyways, Marns has posted pics from our hike on her facebook site . . . so check out the photos that she tagged of me!
Well, time for me to go and flake out on the couch!
Toodles!
CG


No comments:
Post a Comment