Phew!
What a weekend!
Sean & I spent Saturday working on house projects - Sean worked on the complicated little hallway on our upper floor, so that he could lay down hardwood. Whilst Sean was doing that project, I more or less did the spring cleaning in our basement rec room.
Sunday we caught up with Marns and did a mini-bike ride out in K-Country. Most of the highway on Route 66 was still closed, so we rode our mountain bikes on the road - climbing most of the way. We didn't make it to the top - there was quite a bit of snow on the road still and road riding on mountain bikes takes more work then if you were to ride on your road bike. I had to stop quite a bit, from either a) hacking and coughing (just when you think you are getting better... I guess I was more sick then I would like to admit to myself) or from b) gettting frustrated about the snow!
What a weekend!
Sean & I spent Saturday working on house projects - Sean worked on the complicated little hallway on our upper floor, so that he could lay down hardwood. Whilst Sean was doing that project, I more or less did the spring cleaning in our basement rec room.
Sunday we caught up with Marns and did a mini-bike ride out in K-Country. Most of the highway on Route 66 was still closed, so we rode our mountain bikes on the road - climbing most of the way. We didn't make it to the top - there was quite a bit of snow on the road still and road riding on mountain bikes takes more work then if you were to ride on your road bike. I had to stop quite a bit, from either a) hacking and coughing (just when you think you are getting better... I guess I was more sick then I would like to admit to myself) or from b) gettting frustrated about the snow!
We came across the memorial for BK:


Although Sean & I didn't really know BK (we met him a few times at some of Reid's gatherings), we did pause for a moment of silence in honour of his memory. I thought about Reid, and how tough these past few months have been for him . . .
Eventually, all 3 of us had enough of the snow biking, and headed back down the hill and did some bike riding through the Beaver Flats campground:
Once back in cowtown, we met up with Lester for lunch, where we all had a good chat for a couple of hours...good times, good friends! That night, Jeff & I went to see the flames lose in 6 to the Red Wings. I think this picture says it all:
Look at the shots on goal 18/44 - it was like the only Flames player that showed up to PLAY was Kipper. He was (as usual) amazing in net and he was the only reason why we even made it to 2 rounds of OT.That is all for now!
CG


2 comments:
Well snaps for the goalie!! It was a phun night! I am still bloated from the popcorn coated salt that we ate.
that has to be the saltiest popcorn I have ever tasted. No wonder the heroin beer went down a little fast...
Post a Comment