Sunday, 20 May 2007

A Poem on the Go

A few weeks ago, we (that is me, Sean, Marns & Lester, Quodlibet, Mr Steamwhistle, Jods, Tara, & Holly & Deanna) went to the Herland Movie Festival in the Kensington portion of Calgary. We went to watch the premiere of Marn's documentary, "Weight of Thy Cross", which was about Holly & Deanna's wedding that took place a year ago.

When we caught up with everyone outside of the Theatre, Tara pointed out a Poet Busker, who would write a poem for you for the price of your spare change. You just had to give him the title of your poem and maybe a minor detail or two.

This is what he wrote for me:

"I Miss Jack"

I Miss Jack - that fine feline fellow
mellow but hot to trot this freak
peeking withall its night vision finding
all the ways in every day that it would
be reminding you to mind it more adoring
soaring claws and hissing awes just to get
a pet set and cuddled this orange
adoreable friend to the end blending
such memories they touched a mist
of tears,
my dear Jack,
I miss you"

Now, that was worth my pocket of change.

5 comments:

pingcat said...

Hey that is very cool. Nice to see you the other night, and yes, ... I know you miss Jack and I can understand why.

Quodlibet said...

That is certainly worth pocket change.

CanaGal said...

thanks guys, that poem actually means a lot to me.

I was quite surprised that the first title I blurted out of my mouth was, "I Miss Jack".

Pingcat: it was great seeing you on Friday night. Don't worry about the things you can't control... hmmm, where have I heard that before?

pingcat said...

Your support means a lot Canagal, thanks. We will get together again. There is always the Stampeded Breakfast and I'm telling you here and now, I'm working for only an hour or two in the early morning to help prepare - if I work it at all. Otherwise I shall be a "Diva" and meet and greet friends!

CaptainFartlek said...

Ahh kittay