Saturday, 27 January 2007

Renovations

Well, Sean & I are in the "home reno mood". We are almost done our basement (yay!), except for Sean's workshop area, that he says he would like to keep skeleton like (no arguments from me, I just need a door on that area, so I can not see into it). The stairwell into our basement needs a few more sheets of drywall (angular cuts, that Sean is not keen on making) and we are going to paint our stairs . . . yup, no rug! (As most people know I hate rugs: cat fur + my minor cat allergies + rug = a disgruntled CanaGal) Right now, Sean is cutting in the paint for the entrance part of our abode. (he cuts in the paint, and then I paint the walls) Last night, we painted 7/8's of our kitchen. We just have to paint behind the fridge, but neither one of us are in the mood to tackle that today.

So, here is the plan of attack:

1. finish the entrance way
2. paint the stairs area leading up to our bedrooms
3. hire a contractor to: a. paint the high ceilings in our living room area, b. drywall the remainder of our stairwell in the basement (and to mud and prep for painting) c. lay the hardwood in our bedrooms (again, I hate rug!)

By then, I am sure, we will have thought of another project for our place . . . (ie: painting our bedrooms, our ensuite bathroom, etc etc)

... I don't think we will ever be fully "settled" in a place! It seems like the only time our house is 100% finished is when we go to sell it!

Ok, I am off to email my buddy Mena to get the name of the contractor they used for their place.

Have a good weekend, everybody!

CG

5 comments:

pingcat said...

This all sounds very exciting - not so much the work but the sense of accomplishment when it is all done. For you CanaGal, I am willing to loan you the book "Why Cats Paint" .... perhaps you could have "the boyz" review it and they could lend a paw ... or a tail!

CanaGal said...

Hey Pingcat,
I have that book! I absolutely love it! Josh, in his younger years would take yarn, belts, shoe laces - anything, and arrange it in patterns in our living room.

How about your two? Do they "paint"?

Quodlibet said...

Can't wait to see it! Oh, there will be no snowshoeing for this gal tomorrow. My knees feel like someone shot pucks at them all day and my neck feels about the same. I'll describe my snowboard experience tomorrow on a blog entry. I'll just say that it was the most fun I've had in ages!! Loved it!

CanaGal said...

No worries, there, Q! Are you still coming over for coffee today?

jetboy747 said...

I agree, once it's done, it's time to move, but I never seem to completely finish a project. I mean, I do, then I repaint. Then need to redo the baseboards in the bathroom, then...