Monday, August 14, 2006
This past weekend was a lot of fun. My aunt (tante) from NL was visiting us for a few days. On Saturday we went to Nanton Alberta, to show tante Hil what a small town, Alberta was like. We toured the airspace museum and then looked at the junktique stores. I was even able to crave my need for more glasses by purchasing a decanter and 6 small liquer glasses for a steal of $14. (!)
We then drove to Okotoks and looked at the gynormous rock that stands out on the prairies. The rock is part of the erratics (sp?) that the glaciers left behind wayyyyyy back when. (Yes, I really did pay attention in geology class!!)
On Saturday night, Sean & I hosted dinner at our place for our aunt and for my sister and her husband.
The aunt that was visiting is one of my Mom's sisters. She and the March Hare (& 'tijn's) Mom are my favourite aunts on my Mom's side. It was great to spend some days with her. I got to tease her and joke around and be my usual pesty self. . .
Yesterday, she left for Vancouver Island, where she will spend 10 days with my Mom & my other siblings.
Well, back to work I go, hi ho, hi ho!!
posted by CanaGal at 12:17
8 Comments:
Richard said...
Sounds like you had a great weekend. Hopefully one day I can see the beautiful countryside that is Alberta!
Jeff keeps promising to show me a good time, I am sure that sight-seeing is what he has in mind.
14 August, 2006 12:39
Reid Dalgleish said...
Good family visits with members you get along with is always refreshing. Sounds like you had a good visit!
14 August, 2006 13:21
The Experience said...
You'll have to plan a trip to visit them soon. It sounds like you're making them do all the work and come to visit you. ;)
14 August, 2006 16:09
CoffeeBigPlz said...
You have the most interesting family and friends.
Thank you for sharing a bit of an optimistic world to someone who was a tad dulled by cynicism.
By the way... Minge and I are having a wonderful cyber time! We think we are related somewhere!
14 August, 2006 17:16
CanaGal said...
thanks guys for the great comments!!
CG
14 August, 2006 19:16
pingcat said...
Fantastic photos, you know me, always up for a good "hairyplane" pic. Glad you had a good weekend showing "Us" off to your relatives.
15 August, 2006 10:05
The March Hare said...
looks like you had a nice time, wish I was there too...
I'm curious about the diner you hosted at your place... What did you make for supper, or... did you let your sister do the cooking?
;-) [grin]
15 August, 2006 13:38
CanaGal said...
hahahaha HA! 'Dert!!
:-)
15 August, 2006 14:18
Post a Comment
Thursday, 14 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment