Friday, December 08, 2006
The Weekend!
Ok, first I have to get this out into the open:
I have lost my favourite pencil.
Now, for some of you, the loss of a writing instrument might be a shrug of the shoulder event. However, as an accountant, I am reliant upon my pencil. I have one favourite pencil. The grip is just right. The eraser is amazing. It has carried me from job to job. Through each rung of the corporate ladder that I have climbed.
I am usually very cognizant of where I place this pencil. At night time, I ensure it is in my desk drawer. This morning, I realized that it is not in my desk drawer. It is nowhere to be found.
While searching my office through and through (and the offices of other people in the company), I had to keep reminding myself that it is just a fuckin' pencil. This thought, although it helped me from going absolutely nuts, has not satisfied my urge to continue searching for my pencil.
Damn!
Onto other news. Tomorrow Marns & I are going snow shoeing in K-country. There were some logisitic issues about the snow shoeing event, as Sean has a flight tonight, and as such, I was going to crash @ Marn's & Lester's tonight. Then, Sean called me to tell me that his flight for tonight was cancelled, but he instead had to do a flight Saturday night, which is the same night as the annual Skybar Christmas bash. So, Sean would be home tonight (yay!) but he would miss the Christmas drink fest (boo).
An hour later, Sean called *again* and said the flight for tonight is on and he does not have to do Saturday's flight. This means that we will both be attending the Christmas bash at Skybar's place.
However, Sean might be too tired from tonights flight to join us in our first snow shoe session of the season.
Anyways, the logistics of Sean's flying timetable has left me tired. The search for my freakin' pencil has left me flustered.
CG
PS: An email from Marns:
Is life getting you down.
Do you need to spice things up.
Need to laugh more.
Constipated???
Then you need to go snowwwww shoeinggggg.
When do you figure your time of arrival will be?
A 2nd email from Marns:
I just sent you an email before I got this one. Thats great that Sean can drive you. I am sure you rather sleep with him then Shyand :)
posted by CanaGal at 12:36
5 Comments:
pingcat said...
Actually I know EXACTLY how you feel about your pencil .... and that FRIGHTENS me!
I have a pen I feel the same way about.
08 December, 2006 14:05
Quodlibet said...
Have fun N and M. I was thinking about snowshoeing tomorrow, however I just arrived home from High Level (0245)and a very, very long day so I think I will opt for the sleeping in thing and snowshoe another day! Have fun ladies!
09 December, 2006 02:47
trying2hide said...
See.
I am a tad on the edge of frightened as I understand. I LOVE pencils over pens. I thought I was a dying breed.
09 December, 2006 07:31
pingcat said...
Understand, this is not just ANY pen ... it is a FOUNTAIN pen of the most beloved character.
09 December, 2006 15:57
Jeff said...
We missed you Saturday night!
11 December, 2006 11:15
Post a Comment
Thursday, 14 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment